Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Forefather

Well, I finally watched the first episode of the 1960's anime: Gigantor! I thought, since it is basically the title of my blog, I should share my thoughts on the episode. Though, nothing I say could really do it justice.

1) I could listen to the Gigantor theme song all day. "Bigger than big, Taller than tall, Quicker than quick, Stronger than Strong. Ready to fight for right against wrong! Gigantor! Gigantor! Gigantor!"

2) I giggle every single time anyone mentions the name Gigantor. It's like they're speaking right to me!

3) The villain's name for the first episode...Dr. Katzmeow. His evil deed of the episode...Dr. Katzmeow has taken over Antarctica! (whales, icebergs, and all)

4) When Jimmy controls Gigantor with his control stick. (you'd just have to see for yourself)

5) All of the good guys' Antarctica outfits.

6) Penguins with guns built into them.

7) The randomness of it all-both the plot and dialogue. "The air down here is so cold it even turns tea to ice cubes!"

8) One of the bad guys, who clearly has a Russian accent, says- "I am from Europe." Yeah, sure, that's specific. Also, all of the other bad guys seem to speak with a German accent. And the good guys who aren't American... French accents.

9) Unlike Batman, Gigantor doesn't seem to have any problems killing a lot of people...a lot.

10) My only real complaint is that Gigantor doesn't speak. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Hulk would be good.

Gigantor- "Gigantor needs get new agent. This show ridiculous"

No comments:

Post a Comment